Today, Chef Marcus asks "How clean is your kitchen?" but he's not talking about a health inspection! Clean Eating is a hot food trend right now, where people want food that has been processed as little as possible. Try offering up premium upgrades on your menu, where guests can substitute the protein on the plate for an all organic option or switch out the side for some fresh produce. Or, consider switching out one of your usual menu items with a "clean" version like Chef did with this chicken, and highlight it on your menu.
How are you cooking clean? Take a picture and tag us on Instagram and Twitter!
1810910 Imperial Fresh Beans Green Trimmed
5430202 Imperial Fresh Jumbo Yellow Onions
6138929 Imperial Fresh Wild Blended Unsized Mushrooms
7410723 Imperial Fresh Parsley
6651020 Imperial Fresh Garlic Whole Peeled
2252138 Reliance Fresh Lemon Choice
2906028 Sysco Classic Chicken Broth
5934302 Arezzio Olive Oil Blend 80/20
7013162 Arezzio Vinegar White Balsamic Condiment
1343284 Red Fresh Swiss Chard
5900576 Rice Seasoned Yellow Paella
2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
2 garlic cloves, chopped
2 tablespoons olive oil
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
Organic chicken thighs
½ cup low-salt chicken broth
1 teaspoon lemon zest
1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley leaves
- Whisk the vinegar, mustard, lemon juice, garlic, olive oil, salt, and pepper in small bowl to blend into a vinaigrette marinade.
- Toss in the chicken, seal container, and refrigerate, turning the chicken thighs occasionally, for at least 2 hours and up to 1 day.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Remove chicken from the bowl and arrange on a large greased baking dish.
- Roast until the chicken is just cooked through, about 20 min.
- Transfer the chicken to a serving platter and let rest.
- Place the baking dish on a burner over medium-low heat. Sauté mushrooms and onions until tender and whisk the chicken broth into the pan drippings, scraping up any browned bits on the bottom of the baking sheet with a wooden spoon and mixing them into the broth and pan drippings.
- Pour the sautéed mushrooms and onions and sauce over the chicken. Sprinkle the lemon zest and parsley over the chicken, and serve.