The most common Lenten practice is to give up meat, with 41% of those that observe Lent choosing to eat fish or seafood on Friday. This provides a wonderful opportunity to expand your menu offerings and try new seafood recipes until Easter arrives. We offer you inspiration with our featured product from our Fresh Seafood Online Store, the Chilean Sea Bass. And if you do make this dish, then share it with us on Instagram by tagging @SyscoATL.
3711433 French Bean Medley Fresh
7680291 Baby Carrot Tri Color
3617531 Veg Blend Roasted Sweet Pot and Root Veg with Kale
- Mix Kosher salt and granulated sugar with a ratio of 2 to 1 sugar to salt
- Dry the portioned fish with a towel to help the salt/sugar mix adhere to the show side of the fish
- Place the fish in the mix skin side up, making sure the fish is completely covered
- Cook on the flat top or in a hot cast iron pan until the sugar caramelizes
- Finish in a 320F oven for 8 to 10 minutes
- Serve on a bed of sauteed veggies
Check out our new Instagram page @SyscoATL and follow us for more ideas from Chef Marcus!