For holiday features, try giving a dish new life by changing the way you prepare it or offering a new, exciting side. Take this dish from Chef Marcus. The salmon is simple - it's the house-made ratatouille and citrus cream sauce that give the whole dish that wow factor.Even better, you can prepare your ratatouille and sauce ahead of time, giving your kitchen a relatively quick and easy meal to plate up. With Mother's Day coming up as one of the busiest holidays of the year for the restaurant industry, you'll need simple dishes like this that will please mom and the whole family. Go ahead and put this meal on your holiday menu, and when you make it, be sure to tag us on Instagram @SyscoAtlanta!
6902399 Squash Yellow Fcy Fresh
1268960 Squash Zucchini Fcy Fresh
6908123 Eggplant Whl Fresh
1079250 Pepper Red Bell Large Fresh
1763432 Tomato Bulk 5x6 Fresh
- In a large pan over medium heat, add the olive oil. Once hot, add the onions and garlic to the pan.
- Cook the onions, stirring occasionally, 5-7 minutes, until they are wilted and lightly caramelized.
- Add the eggplant to the pan (season with thyme) and continue to cook, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes. The eggplant should be only partially cooked.
- Add the peppers, zucchini, and squash and continue to cook for an additional 5 minutes.
- Add the tomatoes and season to taste with basil, parsley, and salt and pepper. Cook for a final 5 minutes.
- Stir well to blend and serve either hot or at room temperature.
- Simply season the salmon with salt and pepper, then sear until the guest’s desired temperature.
- In a mixing bowl, combine 1 Cup of Sour Cream, the juice of 2 limes, 1 bunch of cilantro finely chopped, 2 teaspoons of salt and pepper. Mix all ingredients until smooth.