Side salads are a great opportunity to encourage your customers to try something new in the form of a personal appetizer or small meal, all with a nice up-sell for you. To complement the warmer weather, we topped this colorful salad with a simple apple slaw. Combined with this decadent champagne vinaigrette, your customers can indulge their sweet-tooth while sticking to their diets! If you share this salad with your customers, share it with us on Instagram by tagging @SyscoAtlanta.
1510601 Hydroponic Cucumber
3514009 Opal Apple
2795896 Granny Smith Apple
7410608 Red Delicious Apple
3342965 Tomato Mixed Medley
2460057 Champagne Vinaigrette
- Lay lettuce across the plate so that the leaves all point in the same direction
- Fan 5 to 6 slices of cucumber across the bottom of the leaves
- Cut tomatoes in quarters, being sure to use 2 or 3 different colored tomatoes so as to give the salad more color.
- Sprinkle the desired amount of blueberries and tomato wedges diagonally across the lettuce above cucumber slices
- Taking a quarter of each apple, finely slice and pile on top of the tomatoes, blueberries and cucumbers. This is your apple slaw.
- Serve champagne vinaigrette on the side.