Chef Marcus is changing up the classics with his new take on the ham sandwich! This decadent creation is made with port poached pears, a house-made creamed cheese, and classic sliced ham on a grilled baguette. Chef recommends offering this dish to your guests paired with a crisp white wine for a light dinner, or keep it simple for lunch. Make this dish using the recipe below, or share with us how you made a classic new for your menu by tagging us @SyscoAtlanta on Instagram.com.
1 12 inch Baguette
6 ounces Sliced Ham
5 ounces Brie
3 ounces sliced pears
6127591 Cheese Brie Domstc 3 Kilo
1963289 Ham Sliced Hny Smk .67 oz Frs
4427860 Bread Baguette Frch Rustic
2882837 Pear Anjou US#1 Frsh
- Cut the rind off of the brie and mix in a food processor until smooth.
- Slice the baguette horizontally with a serrated bread knife, then toast.
- On the bottom half of the baguette, lay down overlapping slices of ham, then slices of poached pears. On the top spread your creamed brie.
- Place top of baguette on sandwich, then cut and serve!
Directions for Poached Pears
- In a large saucepan combine port wine, 1 cup of sugar, star anise, cinnamon, thyme, lemon zest, vanilla bean and seeds.
- Then, add your pealed pears and simmer until the pears are cooked through, about 25 to 30 minutes.