Did you know that seafood and fish sales increase by over 20% during the 40 day period of Lent from Ash Wednesday to Easter? With so much to love about seafood right now, we came up with a dish from our hearts that you can share with the customers you adore. And if you do make this dish, then share it with us on Instagram by tagging @SyscoATL.
7409410 Yellow Bell Pepper
2203024 Cherry Tomato
2460057 Champagne Vinaigrette
6734939 21/25 P&D TLon
- Prepare your pickling MOP using:
- 2 1/2 cups distilled white vinegar
- 3 cups water
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 5 tablespoons kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon yellow mustard seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon dried hot red-pepper flakes
- Heat the MOP, then pour the hot liquid over the raw shrimp in a seal-able container, and refrigerate for at least 1 day
- After pickling, skewer 2 pickled shrimp and a cherry tomato so that the bodies of the shrimp curl around the tomato in the shape of a heart. Repeat until you have the desired serving size.
- Grill the skewered shrimp and tomatoes until the skin begins to wrinkle on the tomatoes
- Serve on a bed of Arcadian lettuce and sliced bell peppers, with champagne vinaigrette on the side.
Check out our new Instagram page @SyscoATL and follow us for more ideas from Chef Marcus!