Looking for an entree that will turn heads? Chef Marcus is cooking clean and thinking big with this Organic Mojo Roasted Chicken for Two. Made with all fresh ingredients and juicy organic chicken, you can invite your guests to indulge in dessert when they split this meal on date night!
Chef says that entree options like this one are a great way to encourage larger check sizes. Your guests feel like they are saving both money and calories, so they'll be more likely to add on other high profit offerings, like drinks from the bar or dessert.
Try this dish in your restaurant, and be sure to share a pic and tag us on Instagram and Twitter!
5846714 Arezzio Olive Oil Extra Virgin
5228713 Spice Cumin Ground
6040760 Sysco Classic Salt Kosher Flake Coarse
1794825 Oregano Fresh
6651020 Imperial Fresh Garlic Whole Peeled
8768871 Sysco Natural Juice Lime Pasteurized
3865896 Sysco Natural Orange Juice Pasteurized Ultra Premium
1 ½ teaspoon ground cumin
1 ½ kosher salt
½ teaspoon oregano
2 tablespoons minced garlic
3 tablespoon lime juice
3 tablespoon orange juice
1 whole chicken
- Heat the olive oil in a small saucepan over medium-high heat until very hot.
- While the oil heats, mash the cumin, salt, oregano, and garlic together into a paste in a heat-proof bowl, then slowly add in the hot oil, whisking the mixture into the paste.
- Allow the mixture to cool slightly, then add the lime juice and orange juice and stir.
- Place the chicken in a large sealable bag; pour the marinade over the chicken and shake to assure an even coating. Refrigerate at least 4 hours, up to overnight.
- Preheat an oven to 375⁰F (190⁰C). Cut the spine out of the chicken and rrange the marinated chicken in a roasting pan.
- Bake the chicken in the preheated oven until no longer pink at the bone and the juices run clear, about 1 hour. An instant-read thermometer inserted into the thickest part of the thigh, near the bone should read 180⁰F (82⁰C).