Chef Marcus is kicking the new year (and the new day) off right with this unique healthy and hearty take on the classic steak and eggs breakfast. Packed with flavor, this Korean BBQ Frittata is easily customized to your guest's palate. Just subsitute egg whites and leave out the steak for your dieting customers. With our new Cutting Edge Korean BBQ-seasoned quinoa blend, your guests will lose the calories, but none of the flavor! Go ahead and serve this at breakfast, then be sure to take a pic and tag us on Instagram!
4438956 Vegetable Blend Quinoa Korean BBQ
8919086 Cheese Cheddar Jack Shred
*4388102 CAB® 5oz Sirloin Drop Steak
*Or use this alternative steak: 4388098 CAB® 6oz Sirloin Drop Steak
- Overnight, marinate steak using the Korean BBQ marinade (ingredients and preparation below).
- Season steak with salt and pepper, then sear or grill until charred on both sides. Let rest then slice.
- In a bowl, combine eggs, quinoa, steak and cheese. Mix together, then pour into an oven-safe skillet and put over medium heat on the stovetop.
- As eggs set, lift edges, letting the uncooked portion flow underneath. When the eggs are almost set, broil 4-6 in. from the heat for 1 minute, or until the top is set.
- Plate and serve with a side of house-made Korean BBQ Sauce.
½ cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
2 tablespoons water
1 ½ tablespoons raw or turbinado sugar
1 tablespoon minced garlic
1 teaspoon Asian sesame oil
1 teaspoon grated peeled fresh ginger
½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
½ cup chopped scallions