With the temperatures dropping and fall weather becoming more common, Chef Marcus is thinking of ways for guests to warm up. Why not offer a hot seasonal soup as an appetizer as soon as your guests sit down for their meal? Your guests get to warm up, and with the suggestive sell you will boost their check more than by offering them a cup of coffee. Try it with this home-made Butternut Squash Soup recipe and let us know what you think!
Got your own seasonal soup recipes? Share them with us on Instagram and Twitter!
1283662 Squash Butternut Fresh
1698461 Pumpkin Seed Bulk
2 tablespoons butter
1 small onion, chopped
1 stalk celery, chopped
1 medium carrot, chopped
1salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
medium butternut squash - peeled, seeded, and cubed
- Rinse seeds and toss in salt and pepper and oil, then bake in 350 degree oven for 5 minutes. Reserve for garnish.
- Melt the butter in a large pot, then add onion, celery, carrot, and squash and cook for 5 minutes, or until lightly browned.
- Pour in just enough chicken stock to cover vegetables and bring it all to a boil.
- Reduce heat to low, cover pot, and simmer 40 minutes, or until all vegetables are tender.
- Transfer the soup to a blender, and blend until smooth. Return to pot, and mix in any remaining stock to attain desired consistency. Season with salt and pepper.
2392557 Soup Butternut Squash