For people with special dietary needs, it can be hard sometimes to find restaurants that serve food you not can eat, but you also like. Chef Marcus recommends thrilling your gluten-free guests by looking for simple ways to sub out ingredients and make your popular dishes gluten free. Just take this breaded, pan-seared trout! Instead of the traditional flour breading, choose between a rice and bean breading, or a corn and jalapeno breading for a little extra kick! Try this on your fish, chicken, or whatever you like to give your gluten free customers back their breading!
Just be sure to share your inspired creations with us on Instagram!
4134637 Sys Imp Breading mix Corn & Jalapeno
4134807 Sys Imp Breading Mix Rice & Navy Bean
1411564 Mushroom Shiitake Local
8474538 Sys Nat Spinach Baby Frsh
- Rinse the fish then season with salt and pepper.
- Apply the gluten-free breading to the flesh side of the fish (not the skin) and press it in firmly.
- Using your choice of oil, brown the trout in a pan with the breaded side down (skin side up).
- Finish in a 350 degree oven until fish is flaky (approximately 8 minutes).
- Serve piping hot with gluten free sides!