You can't go wrong with classic flavors! That's why Chef Marcus tossed up this Buffalo Salad. With fried pork belly for a delicious local spin, fresh blue cheese crumbles, classic housemade buffalo sauce, and yummy Fresh Point lettuce, this is a salad with an indulgent twist! Try offering this as a Game Day alternative or serve a smaller version as an appetizer to your regular menu.
Got your own Game Day recipes you'd like to share? Take a pic and tag us on Instagram and Facebook!
2589075 *LOCAL* Pork Belly Skinned
5728191 Sysco Classic Sauce Hot
5558242 House Recipe Sauce Hot
5925987 Butter Solid USDA AA Salted
4417830 Lettuce Organic Arcadian Harvest
4537720 Dressing Blue Cheese Fromage
4537839 Dressing Ranch Buttermilk
2 lb slab of Braised Pork Belly
5 oz of Hot Sauce
2 tblspoons butter, cubed.
- Heat oil in a deep fryer to 375°F.
- Trim the top layer of fat off the pork belly down to the first layer of meat. Cut lengthwise (the way you would slice bacon) into 1-inch-thick slices. Crosswise, cut the rest of the pork belly to make pieces about 4 inches long and 1 inch thick.
- In a saucepan, heat the hot sauce over medium heat just until bubbling around the edges. Remove from the heat and whisk in the butter cubes one at a time until all are melted.
- Fry the pork until crispy, about 5 minutes. Shake the fryer basket to remove excess oil. Drop the pork into the buttery hot sauce and toss to coat.
- Serve on a bed of greens with blue cheese or ranch dressing.