Chef Marcus says not all Fall and Winter dishes have to be complicated. This Chicken and Fig sandwich is simple and sweet, with roasted chicken, fig preserves and some brie cheese. You can prepare this ahead and serve chilled or reheated, or melt the cheese at the last minute to have everything fresh to the order. Pair it with fries, soup or a salad for a classic menu item sure to please your guests!
What simple dishes do your guests love? Take a picture and post it to Facebook or Instagram, tagging @SyscoAtlanta!
2023695 Chicken Breast Boneless Skinless
0987218 Preserves Fig
5469259 Cheese Brie Domestic
1 chicken breast
¼ jar of fig jam
4 slices of double-cream brie cheese
½ tablespoons Olive Oil
1/8 tablespoons dried oregano
1/8 tablespoons dried rosemary
1/8 tablespoons dried basil
1/8 tablespoons dried thyme
1/4 tablespoon Kosher salt
1/8 cup mayonnaise
1 garlic cloves, roasted
- Remove the filet from your chicken breasts, and flatten to 1". Combine the dried herbs and rub onto the breasts.
- Heat your oil in a large pan on high heat, and add chicken breasts, skin side down. When skin is nicely colored, flip and sear the other side.
- Once you are satisfied with the color, put chicken breasts in the oven at 400 degrees and cook until tender and juices run clear.
- Meanwhile, roast four garlic cloves and mix into mayo. Set aside.
- Now begin to assemble sandwiches. On bottom bread slice, add garlic mayo and 4 slices of brie cheese. On the top half, liberally spread on the fig preserves.
- Just before chicken is finished cooking, add the partially assembled sandwiches into the oven. Once cheese is slightly melted, remove everything from oven, and add chicken to sandwiches.