Sometimes, all it takes is changing up your presentation to turn an entree idea into an exciting appetizer, and vice versa. To demonstrate this, Chef Marcus is serving up this delicious Seared Scallops Sampler Tray! With loaded mashed potatoes, a house-made kale salad and a smooth and creamy truffle sauce, this dish could easily serve as an entree. Or, plate it like Chef Marcus did and offer your guests a unique appetizer they won't find elsewhere! However you make it, be sure to tag us on Instagram and Twitter.
3204738 Potato Cooked Mashed Yukon Gold
2388470 Kale Fresh Vegetable Blend
6138929 Mushrooms Wild Blended Unsized
5628268 Oil Truffle White
- Score scallops on each end then season with salt and pepper and sear in a pan or on the flattop until a nice golden crust forms.
- Meanwhile, simply season kale with salt and pepper, then braise until just wilted.
- Heat mashed potatoes and add additional toppings as desired.
- Plate, drizzle the truffle cream sauce (recipe below) across the plate and serve!
5 egg yolks, at room temperature
4 cups canola oil
Juice of 1 ½ lemons
2 ounces truffle oil
1 ¼ tablespoons salt
½ tablespoon pepper
- Whisk the eggs yolks with 1 teaspoon water in a mixing bowl. Slowly whisk the canola oil into the eggs until an emulsion forms.
- Slowly add 1/2 cup lukewarm water and the lemon juice when the emulsion becomes too thick. Make sure the sauce is creamy and fully emulsified before adding the truffle oil.
- Whisk in the truffle oil and add the salt and pepper. Add more water until the sauce turns off-white in color and has the consistency of ketchup.
- Taste for seasoning and acid, and add salt and lemon juice accordingly.