Looking for a sweet treat to add to your menu? Chef Marcus has you covered with this easy house-made ice cream cookie sandwich! Using local High Road Craft Ice Cream, fresh baked cookies, and a milk chocolate shell, Chef has created a delicious new local feature that your guests will love. Try changing up the recipe with some of High Road's more adventurous flavors, or use some candy melts to create different kinds of shells to the sandwich. However you make it, be sure to share it with us by tagging us on Instagram and Twitter!
4328454 *LOCAL* High Road Ice Cream Salted Caramel
4015152 Hershey Chocolate Chips Milk Chocolate
- Bake the cookies for about 14 minutes in a 350°F oven, or until just set. It is key that they still be slightly under-baked.
- Meanwhile, melt your chocolate in a double-boiler, stirring occasionally to prevent burning.
- Let the cookies cool for 3 to 4 minutes; they should still be quite hot but just firm enough to handle.
- Take your ice cream out of the freezer. Do not let it soften – it should remain quite hard.
- Scoop or shave your ice cream in long strips — not in big round balls. You want chunky, thin blocks or strips.
- Don't spread or scrape the ice cream onto the cookie. Gently lay your thin strips in layers (quickly now!). Press another cookie on top.
- Dip in chocolate and immediately refreeze.