Chef Marcus says that each year, fewer and fewer people are choosing to cook holiday dinners at home, and more and more people are choosing to eat out. Not only does this save your guests the time it would take to cook and clean up, but it also allows them to try things they normally wouldn't. With that in mind, Chef Marcus recommends this juicy Braised Wild Bar Osso Bucco served with a crispy Potato Croquette and braised kale. This is a decadent dish worthy of family dinner! Try it for yourself, and be sure to tag us on Facebook and Twitter!
3941210 Brussel Sprout Shaved
1600258 Baby Kale
Wild Boar Preparation
- Prepare your boar ahead of time and keep warm for service. Start by dredging the boar in flour, then sear the boar until the exterior is nicely browned.
- Remove the boar from the pot, season it to preference, then let it rest while you make the sauce.
- Add some carrots, onions, celery and any other produce you would like to use to the pot and sauté for 5 minutes. Add tomatoes and any other soft produce you would like to use to your pot and saute for another 10 minutes, until the tomatoes darken and start to caramelize but not burn.
- Turn to high heat and add a bottle of white wine and 4 cups of vegetable stock. Retunr the boar to the pot and let everything come to a simmer.
- Turn head to very low and cook for 2-8 hours, adding more stock as needed to make sure nothing sticks to the pot.
Potato Croquette Ingredients
1/2 teaspoon pepper
1/2 teaspoon chopped green onion
2 egg yolks, beaten
3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
4 cups mashed potatoes
1 egg, beaten
Sifted dried bread crumbs
Potato Croquette Preparation
- Mix together milk, salt, pepper, chopped onion, beaten egg yolks, flour and mashed potatoes.
- Chill and then shape using an ice cream scoop. Dip in the beaten egg, then roll through bread crumbs.
- Fry each croquette in shallow oil until brown on all sides.