Still looking for some quick and easy recipes for Cinco de Mayo? These Chicken Fajita Roll-ups are a winning entree to feature for lunch and dinner! Chef Marcus says that you can add in specialty-themed dishes for any holiday as a way to show off the creativity of your restaurant. Consider building a new dish out of ingredients you already have in house, adding in a few signature touches like Chef did here with this Yellow Paella rice and fresh Pico de Gallo.
What are you making for Cinco de Mayo? Be sure to snap a pic and share with us on Instagram and Twitter!
2 T. olive oil
Juice of half a lime
1 clove garlic, minced
1 t. chili powder
½ t. cumin
½ t. dried oregano
½ t. salt
Pinch of cayenne pepper (optional)
2 T. cilantro, chopped
7203474 Chicken Breast Vacuum Packed
5900576 Rice Seasoned Yellow Paella
4737821 Salsa Pico de Gallo Fresh
1048248 Cilantro Bunch Fresh
3 chicken breasts or 6 thin sliced chicken cutlets, ¼-inch thick
½ red bell pepper, sliced
½ yellow bell pepper, sliced
½ green bell pepper, sliced
- In a small bowl, mix together olive oil, lime juice, garlic, chili powder, cumin, oregano, salt, cayenne (if using) and cilantro. Set aside.
- For the chicken breasts, slice longways into 2 even slices and firmly pound the chicken using the smooth side of a meat tenderizer to an even thickness. About ¼ inch.
- Place chicken into a large resealable bag and pour marinade over top, covering them completely. Allow chicken to marinate overnight (or a minimum of one hour).
- Once chicken has marinated, evenly place 6 bell pepper slices in the middle of each sliced chicken, roll up and secure with a toothpick. Repeat and place seam side down in a prepared baking dish.
- Brush tops of chicken with leftover marinade and bake, uncovered, at 375 for 25-30 minutes or until the juices run clear.