Chef Marcus' recipes this week have been inspired by Steamhouse Lounge's OysterFest, a festival designed to raise money for Positive Impact & Families First. Chef's recipes have been all about the different ways you can serve oysters besides straight from the shell. Just take this Smoked Bacon-Wrapped Oyster! Everything is better with bacon.
Make this in your restaurant, then be sure to share your own creations with us on Instagram and Twitter!
7382175 Fresh Gulf Oyster
5886381 Bacon Applewood Smoked - Gluten Free
3 tablespoons olive oil
3 tablespoons lemon juice
½ teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon dry mustard
½ teaspoon curry powder
- Combine all marinade ingredients together in a medium non-metallic bowl and mix well.
- Shuck 24 oysters, keeping at least one half shell per oyster.
- Marinate oysters for 30 minutes, making sure to turn once.
- Wrap oysters in bacon and replace oysters in their half shell. Add a bit of marinade and dill cream sauce (recipe below) to each one.
- Preheat smoker to 220°F.
- Place oysters in their half-shells on smoker racks and cook until desired flavor is achieved.
½ cup sour cream
1 tablespoon chopped fresh dill
1 tablespoon chopped red onion
1 ½ teaspoons fresh lemon juice