For our Sysco Atlanta Holiday Show last week, Chef Marcus cooked up this spectacular Sausage-Stuffed Quail Dinner! Whether you are cooking for Thanksgiving, Christmas, or any other holiday this season, this is a special that will have your guests raving! Prepare a bunch of these ahead and keep warm for quick service, or cook to order and have to the table within 15 minutes - either way, this dish is easy and delicious. Just be sure to share it with us when you make it by tagging us on Instagram.com/SyscoAtlanta!
9971516 Sausage Italian Mild Bulk
3058963 Glace Demi de Veal
4461505 Mustard Dijon Xtra Strong
1542588 Vegetable Root Blend Diced
6606073 Kale Salad Savoy Mixed
8818936 Sauce Lingonberry In Sugar Jar
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- Stuff the cavity of your quail with the uncooked sausage. On the outside of the bird, brush with butter then season with some salt and pepper.
- Roast in the oven at 350 degrees for about 15 minutes, or until a thermometer inserted into the cavity reads 160 degrees.
- Meanwhile, braise your greens with vinegar, chicken stock, sugar and crushed red pepper.
- Blanch the roots until they are fork-tender, then toss in butter, salt and pepper and herbs to taste. Cook in the oven until golden brown (about 10 minutes).
- Warm the sauce, and serve either as a side to the meal, or poured over the quail.