Chef Marcus says pasta in marinara is just too basic. Surprise your guests with interesting creative flavor combinations, like this Six Cheese Gocce in a decadent Salted Chocolate Cream sauce! Try offering this in your restaurant as a premium side, or let it stand alone and shine as entree. However you offer it, be sure to take a picture and tag us on Twitter and Instagram!
2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
2 cups heavy whipping cream (16 ounces)
salt and pepper (to taste with your preference)
3 oz chocolate chips
(optional: 1 cup or more of your favorite cheese)
- Melt butter in a medium sauce pan. Once butter is melted, add 2 tablespoons of flour and stir with a whisk to prevent any lumps.
- Add salt and pepper. Cook and stir for 2 minutes.
- Pour 1 cup of heavy whipping cream into the butter-flour mixture and continue stirring. It will start thickening in less than 1 minute.
- Add the rest of the cream and stir. The sauce will then start reheating back up and be thicker within 3-5 minutes. Take off heat once thickened.
- Stir in chocolate until smooth. (Optional: Stir in your favorite cheese to melt.)
Check out our Instagram @SyscoAtlanta and follow us for more ideas from Chef Marcus!